Lead Venue Kiltie
An important leadership role on event day.
As a Lead Venue Kiltie you will be positioned at one of our three Start Sites or at the Kiltwalk Village where our walkers cross the finish line. You will be responsible for providing the Kilties at your venue with their briefing at the start of their shift, and also completing a sign-in sheet and forwarding this over to the Event Control Room (ECR). You will support the Kiltwalk staff at the venue along with your fellow Kilties
How to apply
Becoming a Kiltie is very simple and straightforward. We want to make sure from start to finish the whole journey is as easy and accessible as possible.
Please follow our step by step guide below and you’ll be on your way of being a Kiltie!
- Click “Apply Now”
- Create your username and password for your volunteer profile
- (Keep a note of this information, it is how you will be able to access our online volunteer portal to carry out training, view available shifts and sign up for your preferred role and shift)
- You will receive an acknowledgement email to confirm your application had been submitted and we will be in touch with you shortly
Your application is now being processed
- The volunteer team will review your application and select the most suitable role for you based on the information you provided
- You may receive a telephone call to go over your application in more detail. This will be a very informal chat regarding your role on the day
- If successful, you will receive an email confirming you are now an official Kiltie!
Woohoo! You’re now an official Kiltie!
- You will now be able to access available training and sign up for your shift on event day via the volunteer portal
- It is compulsory that volunteer attend at least ONE face-to-face training session per year. This is where you will receive your Kiltie uniform, training on your role and an operational run through of the Kiltwalk Events.
- Finally, it’s event day! Full of excitement and knowledge…the fun is just about to begin!