LEAD BIKE KILTIE
Lead the way on event day as a Lead Bike Kiltie!
As a Lead Bike Kiltie you will be at the front of the walk providing support and direction to the lead walkers, staying ahead of the fastest walkers and making staff and fellow Kilties on the route aware that the walk is approaching. You will be in regular contact with the Emergency Control Room (ECR) via radio, providing updates on the progress of the lead walkers and reporting any issues you encounter along the route. Your own bike is preferable for this role but not essential.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to take part in a telephone interview.
I enjoy volunteering and the Kiltwalk seemed like a fun and exciting event to get involved in.
Everyone taking part clearly cares and puts so much effort into fundraising and preparing for these walks that I just want to make it as enjoyable and easy for them along the route as possible, and help them to reach what is an amazing achievement!
Lead Bike Kiltie
Working between Queen Margaret Union, King Tuts and DF Concerts, Cat is an Event and Venue Management extraordinaire. No one knows the value of a volunteer cheering you on more than Cat who got involved in the Kiltwalk after taking part in a number of running events as a participant. The support Cat received at similar events inspired her to return the favour to our Kiltwalker’s.
How to apply
Becoming a Kiltie is very simple and straightforward. We want to make sure from start to finish the whole journey is as easy and accessible as possible.
Please follow our step by step guide below and you’ll be on your way of being a Kiltie!
- Click “Apply Now”
- Create your username and password for your volunteer profile
- (Keep a note of this information, it is how you will be able to access our online volunteer portal to carry out training, view available shifts and sign up for your preferred role and shift)
- You will receive an acknowledgement email to confirm your application had been submitted and we will be in touch with you shortly
Your application is now being processed
- The volunteer team will review your application and select the most suitable role for you based on the information you provided
- You may receive a telephone call to go over your application in more detail. This will be a very informal chat regarding your role on the day
- If successful, you will receive an email confirming you are now an official Kiltie!
Woohoo! You’re now an official Kiltie!
- You will now be able to access available training and sign up for your shift on event day via the volunteer portal
- It is compulsory that volunteer attend at least ONE face-to-face training session per year. This is where you will receive your Kiltie uniform, training on your role and an operational run through of the Kiltwalk Events.
- Finally, it’s event day! Full of excitement and knowledge…the fun is just about to begin!